Wednesday 9 February 2011

Fashioning February: My Space - Anne Marie Boyhan from WhatSheWears.ie

I first met Anne Marie Boyhan  at a HP TouchSmart Bloggers event last summer and I decided that I had to nab her for the My Space section. WhatSheWears.ie cover the latest news in fashion and style from what celebrities are wearing to fashion shows and the latest trends. Based in Dublin, Anne Marie combines blogging with her part time job as a writer for MSN and a consultant for various brands. She started blogging in 2009 and WhatSheWears.ie is  now one of the biggest blogs in Ireland which is exemplified in the fact that it has been shortlisted for several awards such as the Irish Blog Awards, Irish Web Awards and Eircom Spiders. I caught up with her to find out where she blogs.

Describe the concept of your blog.
WhatSheWears.ie started out as a celebrity style and fashion blogazine but I now also cover beauty trends, stylish city features and shoot behind the scenes videos of fashion and beauty events. Every week there's a competition and a weekly newsletter too.

Where do you scribe?
At home in my living room, which is also my office. In Dublin, Ireland.
Why that place?
I work on WhatSheWears.ie three days a week from my home and due to the size of my apartment; my office is my living room and vice versa, with a Nespresso coffee machine close at hand. Some days I am home based mostly writing and updating the site and others I am attending fashion events in Dublin, viewing collections and sometimes meeting with publicists. I set up the site in February 2009 and for the first year I just wrote and developed the site. WhatSheWears.ie has now developed into a part time business and I also write for and run MSN Ireland's fashion channel. Two days a week I consult in online communications helping brands embrace the internet, so you could say that I wear two hats as the brands I work with are not fashion or beauty related.

What is on your desk at the moment?
My PC, a printer, files, a bunch of magazines, my iPhone, my diary, product samples, my video camera and a cup of peppermint tea.

Do you keep a tidy office or are you a messy worker?
My desk is messy but I try to keep the rest of the room tidy.

Will you be attending fashion week and if so in what capacity?
I'd love to! Please fix it for me to go this year.

Check out Anne Marie's blog.

Follow her on Twitter.

0 cool comments: