Wednesday 7 July 2010

The Life of a Book Blogger

Welcome to part three of the 'Life of a Blogger' series where I look at the different culture in the blogging communities. I will be looking at areas such as books, pop culture, travel and interiors. Yesterday I looked at beauty blogging and today will be devoted to the wonderful world of book blogging. Kirsty Greenwood from Novelicious tells us all about the literary world of book blogging community.

Why did you start blogging?
I started personal blogging about four years ago as a way to write regularly. To be honest I was a bit rubbish at it. I was sporadic and wrote mainly about what I'd had for breakfast that day and whether I should paint my toenails crimson red or cherry red. Oddly enough, I still got comments on my little ramblings and ended up making some really good friends through it.

Why did you choose to write about books?
I started Novelicious for two reasons. First, because I'm passionate about Romantic Comedy. I know there are a lot of us fans out there. I wanted to provide a web space where chick lit fans could discover information about new releases and read reviews and interviews by their favourite authors. Second, I want to be a published author. I thought creating a book blog that covered the genre of books that I wanted to write would be an excellent way to meet people in the industry. And it worked as I'm now signed with a literary agent who found me through my book blog.

Are you a member of any bloggers groups?
I'm a member of a Ning Network called 20 Something Bloggers. I'm also part of a small network of bloggers called The Lovely Blogs. We pretty much just link to each other on all of our sites. Novelicious has its own team of bloggers working on the site. I suppose that forms a nice little bloggers group.

Do you attend any blogger meet ups?
I've been invited to a few, but haven't been able to attend. They're always in London and I live up North.

How do you find the book blogging community?
The book blogging community is massive. There are blogs for every genre of books you could imagine - it's great and everyone is very enthusiastic and friendly. There aren't as many blogs covering Chick Lit and Romantic Comedy books, so some of the blogs in this genre do tend to get a little competitive. I try to ignore that side of it and concentrate on making Novelicious as awesome as possible.

Are there any community blogging activities that you are involved in?
No, I don't believe I am. Something I'll be looking into.

You can read Kirsty’s blog here.

You can follow her on Twitter.

Find out what it is like to be a Fashion blogger and a Beauty blogger.

Tomorrow I will be looking into what it is like to be a Pop Culture blogger.

0 cool comments: