Wednesday 27 August 2008

The Janice Dickinson Modelling Agency

One of the joys and consolation from reaching the end of summer is the start of the new season. For me this means the return of the slick Gossip Girl, the hilarious Ugly Betty that came to an abrupt end following the writer's strike and a second series of Lipstick Jungle. Add that to the debut of 90210 which is a sequel to the popular Beverly Hills 90210 and you would be safe to say that we have a cracking season to look forward to. However a new series that has really got me gripped is the hilarious, The Janice Dickinson Modelling Agency (JDMA). Ms Dickinson touts herself as the world's first famous supermodel but is famous for her stints in America's Next Top Model. She is also infamous for her barbed wire comments and one liners. Janice, who is now on her fourth series of the show does not hold back and shoots from the hip. As I have mentioned many times before, I am not a fan of modelling shows but this programme has had me transfixed. Janice has had many shows up her sleeve such as the luck lustre, Janice & Abbey where she tried to turn model and WAG, Abby Clancy into a premier model. This show did not exactly set the world on fire and was cancelled after the first series. It does seem that Janice has hit the jackpot with JDMA as it has all the ingredients of a very entertaining show. To go with this new show, Janice also has a fantastic new website called Love Janice that contains information about the show as well as her sharp edged observations on modelling and life.

4 cool comments:

Kwana said...

I love that we have the same taste in shows. I can't wait for the new fall season. I can I curb the TV habit? It's out of control.

MsQuiche said...

I can only take Janice Dickinson in small doses so doubt I'll be watching this. Bring on Ugly Betty though, can't wait.

Ondo Lady said...

Are you serious?! I LOVE that woman, she is so crazy/funny/cool and says it like it is. I also respect the fact that she is so upfront about all the 'work' she has done on her face unlike a certain someone (cough, Madonna) who expect people to believe that her age defying look is au natural.

Heather said...

I saw a few episodes a long while back. I didn't know if the show was coming back or not. She is pretty frank and to the point, but I'm sure you have to be in that business.