Wednesday 3 March 2010

My Space - Meghann Early from The Thrifty Fashionista

Since the credit crunch hit two years ago everyone has jumped on the frugal bandwagon especially the fashion industry. Not a day goes by without me seeing an article in a newspaper or magazine about recessionistas and how they are able to look stylish on a trim budget. Enter Meghann Early who a blog called The Thrifty Fashionista which offers an alternative way to updating your wardrobe. She started the blog back in 2007 with the goal to keep her readers informed about clothes swap, sales, bargains and free meets. The Thrifty Fashionista contains lovely images of Meghann dressed up in her new finds or out and about in the funky town of Williamsburg where she calls home. She took time out from her hectic bargain hunting schedule to have a chat with me about blogging and fashion. 

Describe the concept of The Thrifty Fashionista
The purpose of The Thrifty Fashionista is to show other woman that you don't have to make a lot of money to dress well, and to acquire brand name clothing. I talk a lot about swapping, thrifting, and re-sale shopping. I also do outfit post a couple of times a week - my style changes often and I like to have it documented.

Where do you scribe? 
I blog at home usually on my bed or couch.  Sometimes I even type up posts on my phone on the subway and email them to myself to be posted later. A lot of times seeing people outfits on the subway inspire me.

Why that place?
It is definitely where I am most comfortable. I love being home in sweatpants, writing.
What is on your couch and your bed at the moment?
My camera and USB cord is on my bed. My couch is covered in clothes I got at a bag sale yesterday.

What form of inspiration do you have on the wall ie photos, magazine cuttings or extracts?
I have a bound book I keep of clipping collages and I keep some on a bulletin board in my closet. I also have a folder on my computer of Internet pictures including other bloggers, etc.

Do you keep a tidy office or are you a messy worker?
I'm usually a mess, but I am just a disorganized person although i really really do try to not be. I have a feeling I will struggle with it for the rest of my life.

You can check out Meghann's blog here.

You can follow her on Twitter here.

0 cool comments: