Wednesday 10 March 2010

My Space - Nneoma Ulu from twentyteneightyfour

One thing that fashion blogs have in common is their complete and utter passion for the subject. Nneoma Ulu is a pure example of this; her blog, twentyteneightyfour covers all things fashion in forms of fashion shows, magazines as well as trends. She also fills us in on her antics as a twentysomething London lady living an every so stylish life. I caught up with her to find out where she writes her scintillating blog. 

Describe the concept of twentyteneightyfour
I describe twentyteneightyfour as the musings of a twenty-something London girl that thinks about fashion before anything else. Too round to be a model, not creative enough to be a designer, so instead I write. Fashion is pretty removed from my day job (doing PR for a global oil company) so my blog is an outlet for my fashion thoughts. I blog about anything that catches my eye and bits I think are worth sharing with others. My blog is less about my individual style and more about anything that excites me.   

Where do you scribe?
Wherever I have internet access but mostly from my sofa or my bed. Blogging usually happens in my down time, mostly with my laptop on my lap in front of the TV with Glee, CSI or some other appropriate guilty pleasure in the background. These days I blog whenever I get a minute, whether that is on the move from my iPhone or on a quick break at work.  

Why those places?
Comfort is key for me. I think its a bit of an inside joke that most fashion bloggers write from the comfort of their bedrooms in big fluffy slippers and with a cup of hot chocolate. I tend to blog after work so I go for somewhere comfy.  
What is on your scribing position at the moment?
My laptop, a few magazines and bits I picked up from London Fashion Week, my diary and iPhone. Just stuff to get the job done.

What form of inspiration do you have on the wall
I don’t really put things up on my wall, instead I use my diary. Every year I treat myself to an indulgently exquisite Smythson of Bond Street diary and I use it to collect my thoughts, little scraps of paper and bits I tear out of magazines and newspapers, inspirational quotes, photos and cards. By the end of the year it is full to the brim and is almost like a shoebox full of memories.

Do you keep a tidy office or are you a messy worker?
I can only describe my working space as organised mess. I know where everything is but an outsider may consider my space messy (all my work colleagues do). But it totally works for me.  
  
You can read Nneoma's blog here.

You can follow her on Twitter here.

3 cool comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing. I am an avid reader of Nneoma's blog, and NOT just because she is a close friend! Great interview.

Beauty Is Diverse said...

Thanks will check out her blog.

mee said...

Great post found you on twitter then fell in love with your blog!

lovely to see people with passion with all things creative!