Wednesday 5 January 2011

My Space - Lisa Bent from Deeper Than Twitter

Lisa Bent is a lady who has very many opinions and is not scared to share them. Her blog, Deeper Than Twitter covers topics from the sexualisation of the music industry, the representation of Black people in the media, the complex issue of euthanasia, homelessness and many others. She started her blog in 2009 as an outlet to share her views. When she is not blogging, Lisa is pursing her her career as a TV presenter and that as a counseller. She took time out to tell me where she blogs.

Describe the concept of your blog.
As a person who has an opinion on just about everything, I cannot and do not want to limit my expressions to 140 characters.  Whilst I acknowledge Twitter represents the new wave of social media, I want to bring back thought and depth before it disappears under the flow of constant tweets. As a qualified Counsellor with a passion for media, I use my psychology knowledge and interest in Existentialism and social trends to investigate possibilities, cultivate curiosity and go beyond the known and familiar to provide an alternative commentary to the raised issue. I am not and do not consider myself to be an expert. My blogs are my individual views based upon my life experiences, reality and ideas. My blog is a space to express my thoughts and views, while opening the avenues for further discussion.

Where do you scribe?
I mainly scribe at home in my dining room, in my bed, or on the train journey home.

Why that place?
I find that my concentration levels are much better when working in the dining room. In bed, I am comfy and able to relax and bulletpoint ideas, whilst working on the train allows me to be proactive when delayed.
What is on your dining room table?
At the moment laptop, pen, paper, Blackberry and flowers.

What form of inspiration do you have on the wall?
I have a picture that I painted as part of my Art G.C.S.E. As it is behind me it holds no form of inspiration…that I know of.

Do you keep a tidy office or are you a messy worker?
I cannot think in a messy space, I absolutely hate clutter. I am a tidy worker.

You can read Lisa's blog here.

You can follow her on Twitter.

0 cool comments: