I attended the first day and I found it to be very insightful from a social media perspective and the amount of techie companies exhibiting various tools gave me an idea of where the market is going. After a quick wander round the exhibition I had loaded myself down with an abundance of information. The event had a really nice vibe about it that had the sense that something new and exciting was about to take off. Also the talks in the Social Media Hub were very thought provoking; some were better than others but overall the quality was good. Social Media World Forum was indeed a very slick event that embraced the coming of age of the genre. Five things I learnt from the Social Media World Forum are below:
1. Location sites are going to be a real force over the coming years with the tie-ins to companies and incentives.
2. Your online reach will be invaluable in order to get the attention of advertisers hence the success of companies such as Klout and Reputation Online.
3. Listening to what people are saying about your or your client"s brand will be easier to do with the amount of tools that are now available on the market.
4. Facebook and Google will fight it out to rule the world and only the strongest will remain standing.
5. No-one really know what they are doing as the genre is so new so everyone is faking it.
You can get more information about the Social Media World Forum here.