Saturday 15 September 2007

Always First

Now I am not one for weekly glossies; apart from a weakness for Grazia I do not have a taste for the Now's, Heat and Look's of the world. However the new look First magazine has caused me to change my mind. While all the publishing houses are falling over themselves to produce miniature versions of their magazine, Emap has gone the other way and is now the proud owner of a maxi mag. First promises style and substance every week for women aged between 30 and 40 and instead of concentrating on supplying us with a magazine that fits in your handbag, their remit is to provide readers with a combination of soft and hard news. First's editor, Jane Ennis states that it is magazine for grown up women who know their own minds. Hmm, I think I have heard all this before. Still the mix of mag is refreshing with just the right combo of celebrity news, fashion, beauty and human interest stories. The layout is pretty cool as well and mesh's well with the lovely photography. Cover star, Danni Minogue who seems to be everywhere thanks to her new stint on X Factor looks luminous. The all new First is now the kind of mag you wouldn't mind not stuffing in your handbag. Read it and weep!

1 cool comments:

Disneyrollergirl.net said...

God I have been so busy this week I totally forgot to buy Grazia! I can't believe it!!! But First, hmmm, I did have a look but decided it wasn't offering anything that you don't get in other mags so I'm giving it a miss. It was better than I thought though...