Monday 23 November 2009

Why I Love......Chick Lit


"I write Chick Lit not Chick Shit."
Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City: The Movie, 2007
This is one of many lines that were left out of Sex and the City: The Movie which is a real shame as I really like it. The line between Chick Lit and Chick Shit is a very fine one but to many Literatti snobs, they are one and the same. Rather ironic that the much talked about book on Carrie Bradshaw and her teen years (The Carrie Years) now has a release date of March 2010 as well as a gorgeous cover. The prose in the book is set in diary form and will cover the character's college years and her arrival in New York City.  My mate and fellow blogger Bim from Yoruba Girl Dancing has created a new blog series called Why I Love which is a series where people express their irrational love for an object or activity. So of course I had to take part in this fabulous series and discuss my love for Chick Lit. You can read my guest blog post here.

3 cool comments:

thoughts running through my head.... said...

this is definitely on my list,shame its not out before Xmas!

cuo said...

Chick Lit...my guilty pleasure!! Looking forward to reading this :)

Anonymous said...

sounds like a good SaTC prequel

chick lit is only despised 'cos it's for women: think of all the terrible books aimed at men, but sexism decrees we don't give them a dismissive name and laugh at people who enjoy it.

chick lit - more power to our elbows!