Wednesday 16 December 2009

My Space - Amber McNaught from Forever Amber


Amber McNaught is a very busy lady, what with a media empire to run and an expensive shoe habit to feed. Media Midas consist seven websites that include thefashionpolice.net, shoeperwomen.com, hey-dollface.com, writingworld.org, grumpybloggers.com and rubinman.co.uk. There is also Amber’s personal blog, Forever Amber where she talks about personal matters that concern her. This can range from the lovely items she has purchased to her daily adventures and no decent blog would be taken seriously without the odd ranting here and there. So where does Amber write her blog? I set out to find out.

Describe the concept of Forever Amber.
Forever Amber is basically a personal journal. I’d been keeping paper journals since I was about 12 years old, so this seemed like the natural extension of that. I have other blogs devoted to fashion, beauty and shoes, so Forever Amber is a space to write about anything and everything else that occurs to me, from random tales from my day-to-day life or the occasional rant.

Where do you scribe?
I have a home office in the spare bedroom and do almost all of my blogging from there. I will occasionally take my laptop downstairs (or into bed) but I’d say 98% of my blogging is done from my desk – very boring.

Why that place?
I work from home, so the office has everything I need – well, everything except an endless supply of coffee, anyway. I’m also very easily distracted, so coffee shops or other typical writing venues are out for me – I need to minimize the distractions.


What is on your desk at the moment?
Other than my laptop, phone and printer I have a mug of coffee, a bottle of water a set of earplugs (Noise drives me mad when I’m trying to work. Or any other time, really.), a couple of little ornaments that were gifts from my parents, and a SAD lamp: I really hate the winter.

What form of inspiration do you have on the wall i.e. photos, magazine cuttings or extracts?
My walls are embarrassingly bare at the moment: must sort that out in the new year.

Do you keep a tidy office or are you a messy worker?
I’m a complete neat-freak, so I run a tight ship. That said - my husband who also works from home and occupies the desk next to me - is the exact opposite, so one half of the room is normally tidy while the other half looks like we’ve just been robbed.


You can read Amber's blog here.  

You can follow her on Twitter here.  

0 cool comments: