Wednesday 9 December 2009

My Space - Jade Gerald from Somebody Loves You


We all need a bit of romance in our lives and that special someone who is always there for us. However, relationships take time in order to keep them ticking over and investment to fine tune them so they advance like the two people in them are. So when Jade Gerald told me all about her blog at the last Blogger Meet Up I was intrigued. Basically it is all about relationships and Jade’s concept of what makes a perfect love union. I caught up with her to find out where she scribes.

Describe the concept of Somebody Loves You
The name of the blog, took inspiration from songs by, Joan Armatrading and Patti Labelle. It's a light-hearted take, on how I would like relationships to be. The idea that somebody, would love me, just the way I am and that I wouldn't have to change is something that I've had to grapple with. But in the end, you can either accept a person or leave, you shouldn't try and change people – it's not good for the soul.

Where do you scribe?
I usually scribe on the living room floor.

Why that place?
Well, I'm not wireless yet, so I have to work where my modem connection is. I like sitting on cushions on the floor and also most of my books are in the living-room, so if I need to reference anything, they're close at hand.


What is on your living room floor at the moment?
On the living-room floor with me at the moment is an empty champagne flute, copies of Psychologies magazine and some unopened bills. 


What form of inspiration do you have on the wall i.e. photos, magazine cuttings or extracts?
I have framed family photos on the wall, a 'be nice or leave' sign. I also have a picture of the Sagrada defamilia temple in Barcelona – where I visited this summer. 


Do you keep a tidy office or are you a messy worker?
I'm either extremely messy, or extremely tidy, there's no in-between with me.


You can read Jade's blog here

1 cool comments:

Kwana said...

Thanks for this intro. I'm heading over.