Wednesday 14 April 2010

My Space - Michelle Harris from Michelle Waffle

In blogsphere you have to fight your way through all the wonderful fashion, beauty, interiors and pop culture blogs but there are not that many techy blogs written by women. Michelle Harris covers everything in her blog Michelle Waffle from simple things such as how to back up your blog, the lowdown of Google Buzz and funny things such as drunk tweeting and various twitter platforms. She has been blogging since last year as an outlet to share her experiences with her readers but decided to focus on more techy subjects after getting many requests for IT help. I caught up with her to find out more about her blogging space.

Describe the concept of Michelle Waffle.
Michelle Waffle (I don't get it) was originally just to write (waffle) about some of the funny things that happen to me, on my travels and to log them. Its changed quite dramatically now however.  People started to ask me how to use or my thoughts on various pieces of software or hardware so I decided to blog about it - I am a bit of a geek so my passion for that took over the blog.   I was then asked to beta-test some items which I blogged about. Now you will find me blogging about anything that I am feeling passionate about or that I think my readers would find interesting -  I was also asked to join a collaborative technical blog Tecforce who have requested that I investigate certain topics, which first go onto Michelle Waffle.

Where do you scribe?
I scribe anywhere really - if I get an idea, it goes immediately into my iPhone, and then I research from there until I have enough information for a post, which is usually then finalised and uploaded on my desktop PC. But I have written whole blogs on my iPhone; there are some fantastic apps for Wordpress, which I am moving over to.

Why that place?
I always have my iPhone with me, so it is always accessible - I have to write down ideas as soon as I get them, or they will be gone forever as another idea inhabits my mind.

What is on your desk and at the moment?
Two phones, a torch, some disks, some paper work and an iTunes voucher card.

What form of inspiration do you have on the wall?
I have nothing on my walls, is that strange? I get inspiration from other people, from being able to help or show them what I have learned or know.

Do you keep a tidy office or are you a messy worker?
I'm pretty messy - I like to have everything close to hand so it all ends up on or around my small desk. :)


You can read Michelle's blog here.

You can follow her on Twitter here.

0 cool comments: