Wednesday 21 April 2010

My Space -Sondra Lewis from Chic Chocolate

Not all blogs live up to their name but Chic Chocolate certainly does. Covering fashion and beauty, Chic Chocolate has a certain joie de vivre about it. In fact the blog contains a parisian feel when you look at the images and illustrations. Chic Chocolate was founded by Sondra Lewis who is based in Washington DC. She founded the blog in 2008 as an outlet to celebrate all things pretty and she certainly does a fabulous job. I caught up with her to find out more about where she blogs. 

Describe the concept of Chic Chocolate.
Chic Chocolate started off as a lifestyle blog that quickly morphed into a fashion blog.  It's a place for fashion-minded individuals to get quick updates on trendy fashion and beauty items. Chic Chocolate focuses on a lot of "high/low" fashion meaning there is something for those who follow runway trends to those who love "budget couture." It's really my personal reflection of how I like to dress.  I love the idea of mixing pieces from stores like Intermix and Club Monaco. 

Where do you scribe?
I blog from my bed and my desk, but mostly from bed.  Being in bed is where I let my imagination run wild and most of my creative ideas come to me when I'm there. 

Why that place?
I can relax and let my mind roam free and if I fall asleep while blogging, I don't have to worry about waking up to go to bed. 
What is on your bed at the moment?
Of course, my Dell Inspirion laptop where the "magic" happens and my mags. I have a habit of keeping my purse in bed with me in case I have to make a run for something.  My jewelry is an extension of my personality.  I usually slip off my jewelry and leave on my bed after a long day at work.  I do my nails in bed sometimes.  That's why there are bottles of my favorites pictured.

What form of inspiration do you have on the wall?
I really don't put magazine clippings on my walls.  What I like to do is create "inspiration" books.  When I see something that inspires me in a magazine, I'll rip it out and place it in a plastic sheet and store it in a three-ring binder.  I keep the book beside my bed and flip through it before I fall asleep or look at it when I wake up in the morning to get my creative juices flowing. 

Do you keep a tidy office or are you a messy worker?
I'm kind of in the middle.  I can go for weeks when my work area is very tidy and neat and organized and then there are weeks when everything gets messy and out of order, but I usually know where everything is.  I'm "organizationally messy. LOL!

You can read Sondra's blog here.

You can follow her on Twitter here.

5 cool comments:

Anonymous said...

Sondra is one of the nicest bloggers out there and she is really doing things with Chic Chocolate. Plus, how can I not like a woman who still has one of my favorite issues of Domino?

Naleli said...

I love Sondra's blog. I thought this was a really nice insite into who Sondra is and what she's all about. I'll have to "borrow" the inspiration book idea :) Thank you for sharing!

SONDRA @ CHIC CHOCOLATE said...

Thank you for the kind words, ladies! Thanks for your support!
CC :-D

nuvochocho said...

hey there i really like your blog!
everyone pls check out my new blog too and follow! <3
http://nuvochocho.blogspot.com/

Glowing Doll said...

Great interview!

Ya, Toronto is cliquey as hell you wouldn't believe it. It's almost like I'm living in a scene from Zoolander!

My six years in London was never like this.