Wednesday 29 September 2010

My Space - Ire Okojie from Sober in The Cauldron

Eclectic and funky are the words that come to mind when I look at Ire Okojie's blog. Her blog, Sober in The Cauldron covers culture, art and her witty observations. I came across it last week when she dropped me a line to say hi and I am ever so glad she did because as a certain Ms Cole shouted on X Factor a few weeks back - Ire's blog is right up my street. Ire started Sober in The Cauldron back in January this year and when she is not banging out posts she is busy being an art critic for Precious Online. I caught up with her to find out where she writes her blog.

Describe the concept of your blog.
Ecclectic, random, quirky. Marauding through the cluttered mind of a culture junkie.

Where do you scribe?
At my bed, desk and kitchen table.

Why that place?
My bed because I travel in comfort from there to anywhere in my imagination. My desk gives me a temporary feeling of organisation. The kitchen because food talks to me from the fridge and sometimes I answer.
What is on your bed, desk ad kitchen table at the moment?
My bed has books. I sleep with them! (I've run out of space on my book shelves and cupboards). My kitchen table is naked but normally has a deep blue flower patterned table cloth. My desk has some of my younger brother's character designs and my sister's poems. I like to pretend they come to life, recite the poetry and tell me things to write about.

What form of inspiration do you have on the wall?
It doesn't  necessarily inspire me but tickles my skewed perception...An image of an inseperable Macaque monkey and a pidgeon holding each other in China. Somewhere out there is a parallel universe filled with incongruous images and it makes me smile.

Do you keep a tidy office or are you a messy worker?
I'm a messy worker. I try to be tidy but it's fleeting, though in that wierd chaos eggs are hatched.

You can read Ire's blog here.

0 cool comments: