Monday 14 September 2009

An Ondo Lady in Ottawa and Quebec City

Ok hands up I have written this back to front, my crazy travelling schedule has meant that I had very little time to blog. However I managed to grab some me time to write about my adventures in Ottawa and Quebec. Canada is the quieter relation to the brash USA and like most undiscovered items it has turned out to be a real jewel. The country has a very rich history and is bilingual and truly multicultural. I have always been intrigued by Canada as a ice skating fan and avid watcher of the Winter Olympics, Canada always made an impression on me with the success of their athletes. It has always been an aim of mine to visit the place and once I was there I had the privilege to visit other wonderful cities such as Ottawa and Quebec.

Ottawa is the capital of Canada and located in the region of Ontario. The city has the regality that you would expect from the head state, however, Ottawa also has a quirky and off beat side to it. Fantastic historic buildings that are draculean like and wonderful monuments. There was also a great market where you can buy some arts and crafts as well as intimate galleries dotted all over the place.

Quebec City is.a stunning place which has a great view of the river. This place is the head of Quebec which is the French speaking side of Canada and comprises of cities such as Montreal and Sherbrooke. Quebec is divided into the old town and the new town. This exquisite city is shaped like a pyramid where you walk round it in twirls while making your way down to the bottom. At the top of Quebec you have magnificent views of the city and there are restaurants and shops. The city has an intimate feel which is a result of the series of villages that link it together. Quebec is probably one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. This place is truly magical. If you do decide to pay Quebec a visit then I suggest you travel there by train from Montreal (only 3 and a half hours) and stick around till the evening where the city is in it's most glorious.

0 cool comments: