Thursday 5 August 2010

Be Beautiful: How I Get Pretty by Shifa Fijiwala from Get Gawjus

I heard that beauty journalists never wear makeup which I figured made sense considering that a lot of chefs rarely cook at home. However, the same does not apply to beauty bloggers who never leave home looking less than glossed up. This series, How I Get Pretty will feature different beauty bloggers discussing the beauty products they use to make themselves look and feel good. Kicking us off this week is Shifa Fijiwala from Get Gawjus which she describes as a space for makeup junkies. 
Below are the products that I use on a daily basis to make myself feel good. It includes a bit of skin care and a whole load of makeup. Lets talk about skincare first; I first cleanse my face with Clarins One Step Facial Cleanser. I then use Cellnique’s b-liv off with those heads serum, to avoid any breakouts or whiteheads. Liz Earle’s Skin Tonic I use before applying moisturiser to prep my skin and to hydrate it even furtherI love No 7’s Advanced Hydration Day Cream that leaves my face soft and supple and fully hydrated. You see a lot of face products there as I am obsessed with achieving ‘perfect’ looking skin without it looking caked up with foundation. I use No 7’s Stay Perfect foundation in Vanilla mixed with Revlon Skinlights Illuminator to achieve a luminous base. 
I use a mix of MAC’s Moisture Cover Foundation and Milani’s Secret Cover Concealer to get rid of any under eye circles and spots. I simply cannot live without these two as they wake up my face like no other! A quick touch of MAC’s well Dressed Blusher is a must have, as it can give anyone that ‘just-jogged’ flush. It’s followed by Miner’s Tin o’Tint Lip Balm in Cherry to give me a lovely pout. Ysl’s Fard lumiere in Amethyst Grey is a gorgeous grey which is my on-the-go eye shadow. I have to put on my Dior Show Mascara without fail otherwise I feel my lashes look bare! MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack is a must have black gel liner. A touch of Eyeko’s Graffiti Eye Liner Pen in purple brightens the white’s of my eyes I feel. That neutral MAC quad is formed of All that glitters, Texture, Tete-o-Tint and Lancome’s couture intense and is my favourite quad without doubt. I cannot live without filling in my brows with Kryolan’s eye pencil in brown. A good primer for the eyes is essential and I would recommend ELF’s Mineral Eye Primer if you don’t want to make a hole in your wallet. I have recently become addicted to nail paints hence they are featured in my daily beauty must-haves. Above are Essie’s Coral Reef and NYC’s Uptown.

You can read Shifa's blog here.
You can follow her on Twitter here

1 cool comments:

Rachella - flourishingfit.com said...

i like your blog! hope you'll follow my blog.
xoxo

http://theonlyfashionprincess.blogspot.com