Thursday 12 August 2010

Be Beautiful: How I Get Pretty by Michelle from Lipstick Rules

Welcome to How I Get Pretty which is a series where a beauty blogger talks about the products that she uses in order to make herself feel and look beautiful. This week I am featuring Michelle from Lipstick Rules who has a huge passion for make up. She has been blogging since 2009 and is a very popular blogger thus she has been featured many times in the Canadian press.
I was thrilled to be asked by Musings of Ondo Lady to contribute a few words on How I Get Pretty. So here it goes. I really believe in the power of a good night's rest. For me, this means five to six hours which I know isn't enough but if you have kids, you will understand. The days of eight hour beauty rests are a thing of my past. So I go with what I can get these days. I also believe in good skin care. In terms of skin care products, I wash my face religiously in the morning and in the evening with Lancome's Creme Mousse Confort Creamy Foaming Cleanser. I just started using this cleanser over a month ago and love it as I feel it really cleans my skin, especially after a long day. My skin feels great after I use it -- you don't get that tight feeling or feel like you stripped your skin of everything that's important. My moisturizer these days is Lancome's Bienfiet Multi-vital Moisturizer which has an SPF 30. This is also new to my repertoire and I love it. It's lightweight and works well under makeup. To remove eye-makeup I use Lancome's Bifacil, which is my HG makeup remover. Can't live without it.
My foundation alternates between Diorskin Nude Hydrating Makeup in 030 and NARS Sheer Glow in Fiji (which is not the right colour for me as I was incorrectly colour matched. grrr.) I set it with MAC MSF Medium Plus. On the days I remember, I conceal with MAC Select Moisture Cover in NW25. I then use NARS Laguna bronzer to contour and in the case of NARS Sheer Glow, add a bit more colour to my face. From here, I choose whatever strikes my fancy for the day. I usually start with the eyes, which tend to be neutrals. I don't do anything super dramatic and lately I have been sticking to only a wash of colour on my lids followed by mascara. The products du jour are Benefit's Birthday Suit and Ellis Faas Mascara. I'm a bit of a blush whore so this changes daily but this summer I've been favouring peachy-pinks like NARS Deep Throat. Then, of course it's lipstick and/or gloss. My new favorites are Burberry's lipstick in Dusty Rose and gloss in Blush. So there you have it. The products that I use to make myself 'pretty.' I honestly believe that beauty does come from within so I also believe you need surround yourself with positive energy, love and laugh a lot. 
You can read Michelle's blog here.

You can follow her on Twitter.

0 cool comments: