Wednesday 4 August 2010

Be Beautiful: My Space by Sara Alexander from The Make Up Snob

Sara Alexander describes her life as being emerged in music and make-up. She is a beauty addict with a real passion for red lipstick and it is this passion that led to the creation of her blog. The Make Up Snob has been running for a few years now and covers product reviews, comparisons , swatches and everything else that is beauty related. With over 1,000 followers on Google Connect, Sara is right up there in the ehelons of beauty blogging. The Bay Side resident took time out to tell me about where she writes her fabulous blog.

Describe the concept of your blog.
When I had first decided to start my blog I wanted to show readers a lot of comparison swatches and products from different brands. I really felt like so often us makeup lovers get to wrapped up in one brand we miss so many other alternatives that maybe just as fabulous, whether this be other high end brands products or even drugstore items. I have been doing more reviews than comparisons lately but as things slow down for me a bit, I want to bring my blog back to this focus.

Where do you scribe?
Ill grab my macbook and head straight to the couch.

Why that place?
I don't think well in quiet. I love the chatter of the TV, my daughter playing, the dog chewing and everything else that goes on in the living room. I like the feeling that I am accomplishing more than one thing at a time. So I don't seperate myself from anything as I am writing. It probably takes me twice as long to get my thoughts out this way but I wouldnt want it any other way.
What is on your couch at the moment?
My daughter's backpack from her recent sleepover, a sweater and my macbook.    

What form of inspiration do you have on the wall?
I don't really have anything posted up around me. I will get ideas from the TV in the background or commerials I see.  Most of my inspiration comes from digging through my makeup closet (yes closet, *shaking my head*) I will be looking for something, reorganizing stuff or just getting ready for the day and will come across an item that makes me all of a sudden feel like talking about it. My makeup closet is a happy place. I feel like I loose track of what I have so often that I have so much fun going back in (when time permits) to rediscover lost treasures. It makes me think about why I purchased the item, When the last time I wore it and more! Those thoughts can be great material for a new post.

Do you keep a tidy office or are you a messy worker?
I work a full time job then come home to fulfill the tasks of wife, mother, beauty blogger and Blog Design Creator. So with all that said... my space is a bit messier than I would like it to be. 

You can read Sara's blog here.

You can follow her on Twitter here.

3 cool comments:

Wendi said...

Your working environment and reasons are almost the same as mine!

yummy411 said...

awesome interview! i love it. i need to grab my laptop and an apple and blog with her!

Heather said...

It is suprising how much more productive you can be when you have to share your focus with the outside environement.