Tuesday 17 August 2010

Be Beautiful: Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare

I have not used a wet cloth to clean my face for decades, well since I hit 13 and was convinced that the method was giving me spots. So I switched to cleansing and moisturising till I discovered the 3-step process of cleansing, toning and moisturising and it has been clear sailing ever since.  Bar a few spots and divorces from brands such as Clinique. Body Shop and Simple. I was intrigued when I received the Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser from the PR from Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare. I have been aware of Liz Earle (the lady behind the brand) for a good few years, back in the day when she was the beauty editor of a glossy magazine and used to have a gig at GMTV. Also after hearing about the fabulous blogger event they hosted from Yinka aka Vex in the City, I was keen to try out their stuff. Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare was founded in 1995 and is all about botanical Beauty. Their products are free from mineral oils and contain cocoa butter to soften and rosemary, chamomile. hops and eucaluptus to tone, soften and purify. They are also designed to work on every skin type and are simple to use with no fuss but also double up as a daily pampering treat.
The application of the Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser is interesting because you have to apply the cleanser onto dry skin, I have always applied my cleanser onto wet skin so it felt a bit weird doing this. I then massaged the cleanser onto my face and eyelids (I did not do the eyelashes as suggested because I did not have any mascara on) after that I rinsed the cloth in hot water and wrung it out till it was damp. I used the cloth to wipe the cleanser off my face while using a clean section to wipe for each part of my face. I rinsed my face with cool water and patted it dry with a towel. I followed this with Instant Boost Skin Tonic and the Skin Repair Light Moisturiser. The results were amazing; my face felt refreshed and really soft. in fact I really could not stop touching my face. The cleanser really helps to remove the dead cells from your face. Also the cloth is made out of pure cotton muslim which is specifically designed to exfoliate the skin and enhance daily cleansing. The packaging of the brand is divine, for a start the Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser comes in a really cool pouch. The colours are a very scenic aqua which symbolises with Liz Earle is all about. All the items were wrapped up carefully in tissue paper. Over the years Cleanse & Polish has received many accolades and was listed as a must have in Vogue's Millennium Beauty Hall of Fame in 2000. It has also been voted No 1 by some of the world's top beauty experts. Frankly I am not surprised because the product is amazing and perfect to use to when washing off your make up because every trace is removed. The prices are not bad either; the Cleanse & Polish Cloth Cleanser starts at £13, the Instant Boost Skin Tonic is £11.50 and the Skin Repair is £17.25. Liz Earle has certainly come a long way since her beauty journo days and to say she has done very well for herself would be the understatement of the century.

For more information about Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare you can just go to their website.

2 cool comments:

adele louise said...

i didnt realise it was so reasonable.... will defo give it a try now ;-)

Sheefa F said...

great review! i love this product too