Wednesday 14 October 2009

My Space - Ibrahim C Gaye


Stockholm is one of the most stylish cities in the world and with wonderful architecture, art galleries, museums and theatres it gives chic places like Paris, Milan, Madrid and London a run for it's money. Sweden’s capital also has a huge number of people of African descent who make their presence known through art, sport, music and fashion. Ibrahim C Gaye is one of those people who merges the African diaspora with Swedish culture in his blog, A Brother in Sweden. I caught up with him to find out how life in Stockholm is treating him.

Describe the concept of A Brother in Sweden.
The concept of A Brother in Sweden is to share my thoughts about being of African descent in Sweden-Scandinavia-Europe. I have always been interested in the African diaspora so this is a good opportunity for me to connect with people that has same interests. I choose to write in english, instead of my native language swedish, so that I can reach out to more people.

Where do you scribe?
I sit in the corner in my living room at home.

Why that place?
I have a PC so I have to sit at the same place.

What is on your desk at the moment?
My PC, my cell phone, two lamps and a CD by Saul Williams.

What form of inspiration do you have on the wall or desk ie photos, magazine cuttings or extracts?
I have two African masks near my desk. They inspire me. I also have a bookshelves near my desk. The books always inspires me.

Do you keep a tidy office or are you a messy worker?
Ohhh I'm a messy worker.

0 cool comments: